Virginia Beach | Resources for Your Municipality
Acceptable Recyclable Material
- Paper: office paper, newspaper, junk mail, magazines, phone books, paper bags
- Cardboard & Chipboard: flattened, un-waxed, clean & dry
- Plastics Bottles # 1 -7, NO plastic bags.
- Cartons, including food and beverage cartons (juice, milk, soy milk, soup, broth, etc.)
- Glass Bottles & Jars: clear, green & brown; remove & discard lids.
- Metals: aluminum, steel, or tin food & beverage cans; clean aluminum foil
DO NOT PLACE RECYCLABLES IN PLASTIC BAGS.
Pour out contents or wipe out cans and bottles. Place recyclables loosely directly in your container.
Townhome residents with the 18-gallon recycling bin container service may place any additional recyclables in paper bags next to their container and please do not place batteries of any kind in the recycling container.
Please do not put the following items in your blue cart:
Household garbage, waxed cardboard, yard waste (grass, leaves or branches), plastic bags - (plastic bags are collected at most grocery stores for recycling.), plastic toys, plastic pools, plastic motor oil containers, ceramic or ovenware dishes, Styrofoam, packing peanuts
Working together, we are making this recycling program successful!
Virginia Beach Contact:
Call: (757) 385-4650
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Saturday 8:00am – 12:00 noon
If your collection day falls on or after a holiday, everything will be pushed one day later for that week.
TFC & Virginia Beach observe the following holidays:
- New Year's Day
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- President’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Veteran’s Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day