$22 – $26 an hour
Safely operates a tractor trailer to perform assigned duties on designated routes.
Non-Exempt (eligible for overtime)
Shipping & Receiving Supervisor
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Possess a Commercial Driver License Class A
- Ability to work a shift within the hours of 5:00AM to 11:00PM
- 1 year of experience within the last 7 years operating a vehicle requiring a commercial driver’s license (CDL) or military equivalent.
High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Operates vehicle in accordance with Occupational and Safety Health Act (OSHA) and Department of Transportation (DOT) requirements as well as all local, state and federal requirements using ELD Logbook and Company expectations for the Fleet; maintains a clean and safe vehicle.
- Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned vehicle using utilizing standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report); notes all issues on DVIR form for corrective review/repair.
- Immediately reports any unsafe situations or service calls to Route Supervisor or Dispatch before attempting service.
- Participates and cooperates in all scheduled training, briefings, and meetings as required by Route Supervisor.
- Works closely with Supervisor and Scale operators to improve route efficiencies and identify problem or unsafe accounts.
- Performs all duties as scheduled by Route Supervisor or Dispatch, assisting other company drivers as directed.
- Notifies Route Supervisor of any incidents, accidents, injures, or property damage.
- Notifies Dispatch or Route Supervisor of issues as prescribed by Service Machine protocol, including blocked containers, potential missed port appointments or problems that arise on the route.
- Communicates customer requests or issues to Dispatch or Route Supervisor.
- Complete AMSC jobs on tablet report any jobs you are not able to complete scale or supervisor.
- Complete and return any customer tickets with end of shift paperwork to scale.
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects more than 25-50 pounds frequently
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects more than 30 pounds frequently when open / closing open top trailers.
- Normal setting for this job is outdoors and/or driving a video/GPS monitored each vehicle driver will be responsible for using ELD log (DOT).
- Will be exposed to a physical environment, which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the workday.
- Note: The level of physical effort may vary from site to site and in some cases be greater or lesser than documented here.
- Other duties as assigned.