The Sorter/laborer is responsible for ensuring proper placement and sorting materials on the conveyor line by performing the following duties.
12200 Old Stage Rd, Chester, VA 23836
Monday – Friday and Saturdays as required
- 1st shift begins at 6:00 am and runs between 8-12 hours as business needs mandate.
- 2nd shift begins immediately after 1st shift and runs between 8-12 hours as required.
Day or Evening Shift Lead
- A good understanding of how a production environment functions including keeping operations continuously running and meeting production goals.
- A good understanding of the safe operation, maintenance and troubleshooting required with industrial equipment
- OSHA and additional internal safety requirements including but not limited to lockout tag procedures.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc) part of the workday;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds part of the workday;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the workday;
High school education or equivalent
- Inspect materials and sort items or materials into piles or places in container according to type, size, condition, coloring or paper grade.
- Pull contaminants out of paper or off of floor.
- Stack boxes and skids. Dump boxes and totes of material.
- Feed material, such as wastepaper onto conveyor.
- Clean up conveyor and surrounding sorting line. Keep surrounding work area clean.
- Read monitor for machine start up and ensure machine is operating properly and at a moderate speed.
- Follow appropriate standard operating procedures (SOPs) as guideline for operating and maintaining equipment.
- Report any worker-public safety factors and/or equipment malfunctions.
- Attend weekly/monthly safety/operations meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to lift or carry up to 50 lbs.
- Must be a to stand for prolonged periods
- Must be able to Communicate Verbally
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather condition.