- Knowledge of DOT, FMCSA rules and regulations
- Microsoft Outlook, Excel, & Word; familiarity with logistic database systems a plus
- Knowledge of local area roads and highways
- Waste and recycling industry
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing to customers, subordinates and management as required.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both written and verbally
- Possess supervisory and intrapersonal skills with the ability to organize and delegate work responsibilities as necessary.
- Ability to work independently to achieve goals.
- Ability to work in a production environment, including hot, cold, wet and/or dusty environments.
- Ability to safely operate commercial vehicles over 26,001 lbs. and over or willingness to obtain license once employed.
2 or more years of supervisory experience; must have a CDL license or be able to obtain a CDL license.
High School Education or equivalent
- Assign trucks with their keys, and drivers.
- Produce route schemes for LOB’s under direction.
- Brief drivers regarding “hot list” items, as well as other issues including service stopped, time stops, and gates that require special attention.
- Continually account for all trucks and drivers on the road including their location, problems, downtime, lunch breaks and dispatch drivers as needed.
- Maintain data and assign all work orders to driver personnel on a daily basis.
- Assign extra pickups as required
- Ensure all missed stops are picked up
- Ensure all drivers are properly checked back in after completion of their routes with no missed stops.
- Oversee Dispatch or Scalehouse staff to ensure daily/weekly/monthly completion of required reporting formats
- Oversee Scalehouse staff to coordinate shipments of third-party material and disposal of trash/residue material with landfills
- Training of all staff and employees in conjunction with operational needs, compliance, and safety requirements
- Effectively conduct all accident or injury investigations
- Maintain customer reports as needed
- Other duties as assigned