Works in accordance with OSHA (Occupational and Safety Health Act) requirements as well as all local, state and federal laws.
- Immediately reports all unsafe situations or service-related issues to Route Supervisor or Dispatch.
- Attends and participates in all scheduled training programs, briefings, and meetings as required as directed by the Route Supervisor
- Manually or mechanically load and empty residential and/or commercial containers into truck.
- Containers maybe staged curbside, dockside, carryout, or require pullout to complete service.
- Operates hoisting device to lift and empty bins or containers into truck hopper.
- Assists driver with all backing maneuvers while
- Notifies Route Supervisor of any incidents, accidents, injures, or property damage.
- Notifies Route Supervisor or Dispatch of service interruptions including closed or impassable streets or alleyways, receptacles too heavy to service or potential safety hazards.
- Communicates customer requests to Dispatch or Route Supervisor
- Performs all duties as scheduled by Route Supervisor or Dispatch and assisting other drivers as directed to meet customer needs.
- Other duties as assigned