Commercial Swing Driver
Job Summary: Commercial Drivers operate heavy-duty trucks with front or rear end load lift attachment. Drivers are responsible for providing the pick-up service of containers filled with waste or recyclable material. Containers may weigh in excess of 1000 pounds. Driver will transport the material to a disposal, transfer or recycle facility when trucks reach legal load capacity.
Knowledge: Knowledge of skilled backing maneuvers.
Experience: Must have at least 1 year of experience operating a roll off or front end vehicle requiring a CDL or equivalent military driving within the last 7 years.
- Operates vehicle in accordance with OSHA (Occupational and Safety Health Act) and DOT (Department of Transportation) requirements as well as all local, state and federal laws.
- Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned vehicle and documents checks utilizing the standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report).
- Immediately reports all unsafe situations or service-related issues to Route Supervisor or Dispatch.
- Attends and participates in all scheduled training programs, briefings, and meetings as required by TFC or directed by the Route Supervisor.
- Works closely with Route Supervisor to improve route efficiencies and identify best practices.
- Notifies Route Supervisor of any incidents, accidents, injures, or property damage.
- Notifies Route Supervisor or Dispatch of service interruptions, including blocked containers, closed lots, streets, alleyways or potential safety hazards.
- Communicates customer requests to Dispatch or Route Supervisor.
- Identifies and reports all containers in need of repair or replacement.
- Ensures the number of containers on the route reconciles to the service level listed on service list.
- Completely dumps all containers and leaves the customer’s location clean and free of debris.
- Positions and returns containers on the customer’s property in a manner that ensures lids are properly replaced. enclosure doors are closed and secured, and containers do not block driveway entrances or traffic.
- Follows route assignments as directed and completes end of day documentation and check out process.